A few weeks ago I ordered Go With Your Gut by Robyn Youkilis (pronouned YOU-kil-is) to help me heal some digestive issues. I’d been following her for awhile and liked her holistic view of health. She has clearly studied Ayurveda and incorporated some of the principles in her work. She really got me thinking about my chewing and water intake in a new way.
Last week I made her Pumpkin Muffin recipe and LOVED it. I baked a few without chocolate chips so I could share them with Sofie. They were a huge hit. So today, I made another big batch and went a little crazy making live Instagram videos of the process. Ha!
- 2 bananas.
- 400 g pureed pumpkin.
- 4 eggs.
- 115 g unsalted almond butter.
- 55 g butter, melted.
- 55 g coconut flour.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground.
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1 tablespoon ground chia or ground flax seeds (optional).
- 85 g dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts (optional).
- 1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tray with paper cupcake liners.
2. Combine the bananas, pureed pumpkin, eggs, almond butter and butter in a blender, food processor or mixing bowl and mix well, mashing the bananas completely.
3. Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, vanilla, sea salt, ground chia or flax and chocolate chips or nuts, if using. Mix well.
4. Pour the batter evenly among the cupcake liners.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool.
So on Day 7 of my daily love blog challenge, I officially love baking during nap time, delicious pumpkin muffins and sharing food with my baby.